CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) has two papers:
- General Studies
- General Ability Test
CSAT General Studies Paper 1 Syllabus
CSAT Paper I: 200 Marks; Duration: Two Hours; Number of Questions: 100
- Current Affairs: Events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography: Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance: Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development: Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change (no subject specialization required)
- General Science
CSAT Paper-1 Analysis
|History and Culture||13||20||15||21|
|Environment & Bio-diversity||22||23||22||21|
|Science & Technology||19||9||13||17|
CSAT General Ability Test Paper 2 Syllabus
CSAT Paper II: 200 Marks; Duration: Two Hours; Number of Questions: 80
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level)
- Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. - Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)
Marking Scheme: Total 80 questions have 200 marks, thus each question is of 2.5 marks. There is a negative marking of 33% or 0.83 marks. Decision making section doesn't have any negative marking.
CSAT Paper-2 Analysis
|General Mental Ability||15||16||12||7|
|Decision Making & Problem Solving||6||7||6||0|
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||10||14||12||22|
|Comprehension (Both English & Hindi)||27||32||23||26|
|English Language Comprehension Skills||9||8||8||6|