ESE - Engineering Services Exam
UPSC ESE/IES 2016
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Engineering Services Examination as a combined competitive examination for recruitment to the services or posts of Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering. The exam is conducted for selection engineers for Government of India's engineering organizations, such as Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE), Central Engineering Service (CES), Military Engineering Services (MES), etc.
- Date of Notification: March, 2016
- Last Date to Apply: April, 2016
- Date of Exam: June, 2016 (3 days exam)
Age Eligibility: You need to be between 21 years to 30 years as on 1st January of the exam year. Age relaxations exist as per the government rules.
Academic Qualification Eligibility: You must be a graduate in Engineering from a recognized university. Final year students can also appear in IES exam.
|Section I (Objective)|
|General Ability Test||2 Hours||200|
|Engineering Paper I||2 Hours||200|
|Engineering Paper II||2 Hours||200|
|Section II (Conventional)|
|Engineering Paper I||3 Hours||200|
|Engineering Paper II||3 Hours||200|
- General Ability Test Syllabus
- Category I: Civil Engineering
- Category II: Mechanical Engineering
- Category III: Electrical Engineering
- Category IV: Electronics & Communication Engineering
How to Apply?
You have to apply online only by using the website upsconline.nic.in