Combined Defence Services Exam is conducted by the UPSC two times in a year for admissions to Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA), Air Force Academy (AFA) and Officers Training Academy (OTA).
CDS Exam Important Dates
CDS (II) 2017
- Notification Date: 9 August, 2017
- Last Date to Apply: 8 September, 2017
- CDS Exam Date: 19 November, 2017
CDS (I) 2018
- Notification Date: 8 November, 2017
- Last Date to Apply: 4 December, 2017
- Date of Exam: 4 February, 2018
CDS (II) 2018
- Notification Date: 8 August, 2018
- Last Date to Apply: 3 September, 2018
- CDS Exam Date: 18 November, 2018
|S.No.||Paper / Subject||Questions||Duration||Marks|
|2.||General Knowledge||120||2 Hours||100|
|3.||Elementary Mathematics||100||2 Hours||100|
Elementary Mathematics is not required for admission to Officers Training Academy (OTA). There is penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers.
Women candidates are eligible for OTA only.
Education: For IMA and OTA, you need a degree of a recognized university. For INA, degree in engineering is required. For AFA, you should have a recognized degree and Physics & Mathematics at 10+2 level.