The minimum requirements for the candidate are:
- Height: 165 cm
- Chest (unexpanded): 81 cm (with 5 cm minimum expansion)
- Weight: 50 kg
- Height: 157 cm
- Weight: 46 kg
Moreover, the weight should be as per the height and age.
LASIK surgery correction is permitted subject to prescribed criteria as below:
- Age: 18-35 years
- Axial-length: 21-26 mm
- Corneal thickness: 425 micron
- Pre LASIK error: 6 D
- Post operative period : Should be stable refractive flap
- Interval: 06 months (post operative period mandatory)
Candidate must have completed 06 months after LASIK surgery while considering for recruitment in CAPFs.
Carrying angle should not be more than 15˚ for male and 20˚ for female.
Candidate should not have any degree of deafness or persistent ear discharge.
Candidate should not have any other condition (congenital or acquired) like atresia of the meatus, exostosis, neoplasm which is causing obstruction of ear passage and should not have history of recurrent earache, tinnitus and vertigo.
Candidates should not have DNS, atrophic rhinitis, tubercular ulceration, chronic sinusitis.
Candidate should not have enlarged lymph nodes, thyroid or other swelling of neck, inability to extend the neck fully or any evidence of disease of spine or cervical vertebrae.
Candidate must possess sufficient number of sound teeth for efficient mastication. Candidate should not have severe pyorrhea.
Candidate should not have active signs of clinical VD.
Chronic skin diseases
Candidate should not have chronic skin diseases like Leprosy, chronic dermatitis, extensive Pityriasis Versicolor, psoriasis, SLE, etc.
- Speech should be without impediment i.e. no stammering.
- The candidate should not have any indication of chronic disease like TB, any type of arthritis, high blood pressure, Diabetes, Bronchial Asthma, any heart disease.
- Candidate should not have perceptible and visible glandular swelling any where in the body.
- Chest should be well formed, devoid of any abnormality like flat chest, Pigeon chest, with rickety rosary defects. Heart and lungs should be sound.
- Limbs, hands and feet should be well formed and fully developed and there shall be perfect motion of all joints.
- Should not have any old /mal united fracture of bones.
- There should be free and perfect movements of all the joints.
- Feet and toes should be well formed
- Should not have congenital malformation or defects.
- Should not bear traces of previous acute or chronic disease pointing to an impaired constitution.
- Candidate should have no disease of the genito urinary tract.
- Candidate should have no inguinal, scrotal swelling, any type of Hernia.
- (Only for male) Both the testicles are in the scrotum and of normal size.
- The candidate must not have knock knees, flat foot, varicose veins.
- They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
Candidate should not suffer from TACHYCARDIA (more than 100 pulse rate per minute) or BRADYCARDIA (Less than 50 per minute).
Candidate should not suffer from Hernia, hemorrhoids, condylomata prolapse rectum.