Paper I has two parts - Part A is General Ability and Intelligence and Part B is Professional Skill.
Paper I: General Ability, Intelligence and Professional Skill
Part-A: General Ability and Intelligence
In this paper, the objective type questions with multiple choices will broadly cover the following areas:
1. General Mental Ability
The questions will be designed to test the logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude including numerical ability and data interpretation.
2. General Science
The questions will be set to test general awareness, scientific temper, comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology and Environmental Science.
3. Current Events of National and International Importance
The questions will test the candidates’ awareness of current events of national and international importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, globalisation and interplay among nations.
4. General Awareness
The questions shall aim to test candidates’ general awareness and would inter-alia include question to test basic knowledge of history of India, Indian and World Geography as well as Indian Polity and Economy.
Part-B: Professional Skill
This test will be designed to test professional skills of the candidates in relation to operational and administrative requirement of the Central Industrial Security Force and will broadly cover the following areas:
1. CISF related professional skills
- Industrial Security;
- Industrial Safety and fire fighting;
- Disaster Management;
- Aviation Security
- Crime and Intelligence-Espionage, Sabotage, Subversion;
- Perimeter Security
- Security of vital installations-DAE, Metro Rail, Space;
- Use of Technical Gadgets-Alarm, detection, intrusion, Access control, fire safety;
- Bomb disposal;
- VIP Security
- Internal Security and Election duties.
- Cr.PC (Search, Seizure and unlawful assembly)
- IPC (Theft, mischief, breach of trust, corruption etc.)
- Evidence Act (Search, seizure & collection of evidence)
- Labour Laws (Industrial Disputes Act, Workmen Compensation Act, EPF Act.)
- Other Criminal Offences.
- Human Rights.
3. Computer Skills and Awarness
- Computer Security
- Basic computer operations
- Basic hardware and software
4. Service Rules and HR matters
- CCA Rules
- CISF Act and Rules
- HR functions related to CISF
Paper II: Essay, Précis Writing and Comprehension
This paper shall test candidates’ ability to bring to fore his/her ideas on the given essay topic, arrange them in a coherent, orderly, concise, understandable and lucid manner in effective and grammatically correct language free from spelling errors.
Further, this shall test candidates’ ability to understand the given passages for précis-writing and comprehension and their skills to summarise the précis passage and reply to the short-answered questions on the comprehension passage.