The Union Public Service Commission conducts this exam for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA and for Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC). The candidates Joining Indian Naval Academy would undergo 4 years B.Tech Course and would be given an opportunity to join Executive and Technical Branches of the Navy subject to availability of vacancies.
NDA/NA (II) 2019
- Date of Notification: 07 August, 2019
- Last Date to Apply: 03 September, 2019
- Date of Exam: 17 November, 2019
NDA/NA (I) 2019
- Date of Notification: 09 January, 2019
- Last Date to Apply: 04 February, 2019
- Date of Exam: 21 April, 2019
NDA/NA (II) 2018
- Date of Notification: 06 June, 2018
- Last Date to Apply: 02 July, 2018
- Date of Exam: 09 September, 2018
Number of Vacancies
An examination will be conducted by the UPSC on 9th September, 2018 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 142nd Course, and for the 104th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing from 2nd July, 2019. The approximate number of vacancies are:
- National Defence Academy: 339 (208 for Army, 39 for Navy and 92 for Air Force)
- Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme): 44
- For Army wing of NDA: You should have passed class 12th examination.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for Indian Naval Academy: You should have passed class 12th examination with Physics and Mathematics.
Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
Age Limit, Gender and Marital Status
For NDA(II) 2018, only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd January, 2000 and not later than 1st January, 2003 are eligible.
You must be physically fit according to physical standards.
There are two papers with objective type questions. The Question papers of Mathematics and Part B of General Ability Test is set in Hindi as well as English.
|Mathematics||2 hours 30 minutes||120||300|
|General Ability Test||2 hours 30 minutes||150||600|
|SSB Test / Interview||900|
The papers in both the subjects consist of objective type questions only. General Ability Test paper is divided into two parts - Part A and Part B. Part A has 50 English questions and Part B has 100 General Knowledge questions.
There is penalty for wrong answers in the Objective Type Question Papers.
How To Apply
You have to apply online through the website upsconline.nic.in. You are required to complete the Online Application form containing two stages - Part I and Part II.
Before starting Online Application, you must have your photograph and signature scanned in the .jpg format. Each file should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB in size for the photograph and 1 KB for the signature.