The Union Public Service Commission conducts this exam for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA and for Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC). The candidates Joining Indian Naval Academy would undergo 4 years B.Tech Course and would be given an opportunity to join Executive and Technical Branches of the Navy subject to availability of vacancies.
UPSC NDA / NA 2018 Exam
Important Dates for NDA/NA (I)
- Date of Notification: 10 January, 2018
- Last Date to Apply: 5 February, 2018
- Date of Exam: 22 April, 2018
Important Dates for NDA/NA (II)
- Date of Notification: 6 June, 2018
- Last Date to Apply: 2 June, 2018
- Date of Exam: 9 September, 2018
- For Army wing of NDA: You should have passed class 12th examination.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: You should have passed class 12th examination with Physics and Mathematics.
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status: For NDA (I) 2017 exam, only unmarried male candidates born between 2nd July, 1998 and 1st July, 2001 are eligible.
NDA/NA Exam Pattern
There are two papers with objective type questions:
|Mathematics||2 hours 30 minutes||120||300|
|General Ability Test||2 hours 30 minutes||150||600|
The papers in both the subjects consist of objective type questions only. General Ability Test paper is divided into two parts - Part A and Part B. Part A has 50 English questions and Part B has 100 General Knowledge questions.
Negative Marking: There is penalty for wrong answers in the Objective Type Question Papers.