Appointment is made on probation for a period of 2 years provided that this period may be extended if the officer on probation has not qualified for confirmation by passing the prescribed departmental examinations. Repeated failure to pass the departmental examinations within a period of three years will involve loss of appointment.
If in the opinion of Government, the works or conduct of an officer on probation is unsatisfactory, or shows that he is unlikely to become efficient, Government may discharge him forthwith or may revert him to his substantive post, if any.
On the conclusion of his period of probation Government may confirm the officer in his appointment or if his work or conduct has, in the opinion of Government been unsatisfactory. Government may, either discharge him from the service or may extend his period of probation for such further period as Government may think fit, provided that in respect of appointments to temporary vacancies there will be no claim to confirmation.
It should be clearly understood by the Officer in probation that the appointment would be subject to any change in the Constitution of the Indian Civil Accounts Service, which the Government of India may think proper to make from time to time and that they would have no claim for compensation in consequence of any such changes.
Scales of Pay
- Controller General of Accounts: Apex Scale 80000 (Fixed)
- Additional Controller General of Accounts: HAG+Scale 75500 (annual increment @ 3%) 80000
- Principal Chief Controller of Accounts: HAG Scale 67000 (annual increment @ 3%) 79000
- Senior Administrative Grade (Jt.CGA/CCA): PB-4 37400-67000 10000
- Selection Grade in Junior Administrative Grade: (Dy. CGA/CA)PB-4 37400-67000 8700
- Junior Administrative Grade (Dy. CGA/CA): PB-3 15600-39100 7600
- Senior Time Scale (Asstt. CGA/Dy. CA): PB-3 15600-39100 6600
- Junior Time Scale (ACA): PB-3 15600-39100 5400
Probationary officer will start on the minimum of the scale of ICAS and will count their service for increments from the date of joining. The officers on probation will not be allowed the pay above the stage of Rs. 15600+5400 unless they pass the departmental examination in accordance with the rules which will be prescribed from time to time.
The pay of Government servant who held a permanent post other than a tenure post in a substantive capacity prior to his appointment as probationer will however be regulated subject to the provision of F.R. 22(B)(1).