The Indian Defence Accounts Service (IDAS) (भारतीय रक्षा लेखा सेवा) is a service to audit defence accounts. IDAS officers are group A Defence civilian officers under the Ministry of Defence. The Defence Accounts department serves the three Services - DRDO, Border Road Organisation, Ordinance factories and other inter-services organisations.
Scale of Pay
(a) Junior Time Scale (Assistant Controller of Defence Accounts and equivalent)—Rs. 15,600—39,100 plus 5,400 (Grade Pay).
(b) Senior Time Scale (Deputy Controller of Defence Accounts and equivalent)—Rs. 15,600—39,100 plus 6,600 (Grade Pay).
(c) Junior Administrative Grade (Joint Controller of Defence Accounts and equivalent)—Rs. 15,600— 39,100 plus 7,600 (Grade Pay).
(d) Junior Administrative Grade (Selecton Grade) (Additional Controller of Defence Accounts and equivalent)—Rs. 37,400—67,000 plus 8,700 (Grade Pay).
(e) Senior Administrative Grade (Controller of Defence Accounts and equivalent)—Rs. 37,400—67,000 plus 10,000 (Grade Pay) (revised).
(f) Principal Controller of Defence Accounts and equivalent Rs. 67,000-(annual increment @ 3%) -79,000.
(g) Additional Controller General of Defence Accounts and equivalent) Rs. 75,500-(annual increment @ 3%)- 80,000.
(h) Controller General of Defence Accounts (Head of the Department)—Rs. 80,000 (Fixed)
A Probationary Officer will start at the minimum of the Time Scale of Pay of Rs. 15,600-39,100 plus 5,400 (Grade pay).
Appointments are made on probation for a period of two years, during which the Probationers will have to qualify for confirmation by passing the prescribed Departmental Examinations. This period may be extended by the Government upto a total of four years, if considered necessary. Repeated failure to pass the probation (including extension thereof) will result in termination of service. Extension of probation beyond the normal period of two years may entail loss of seniority.
Further, if during the period of probation, if any of the probationers are held to be unsuitable in any, manner for employment in the Indian Defence Accounts Service, their services may be terminated by the Government without notice.
The appointment is subject to any change in the Constitution of the Indian Defence Accounts Service, which the Government of India may think it proper to name and that you will have no claim for any compensation in consequence of such change.
Seniority of person recruited on the basis of results of Civil Services Examination conducted by the Commission in any year to the posts in the Junior Time Scale shall be fixed in accordance with the rules and orders on the subject and with reference to their merit position as recommended by the Union Public Service Commission based on the Competitive Examination. Provided that any probationer appointed on the basis of earlier selection shall rank above the persons appointed on the basis of subsequent selection.
The acceptance of this appointment in the Indian Defence Accounts Service involves a definite liability for field service in or out of India as well as for service in any part of the country.
During the period of probation the officers will undergo training in three phases:
- Foundation course at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie or any other equivalent Academy (duration - three months)
- A certificate course in MBA (Finance) at the National Institute of Financial Management, Faridabad (duration - 10 months)
- Departmental training at National Academy of Defence Financial Management, Pune (duration - 10 months).
At the end of the training period the officers will be posted as Assistant Controller of Defence Accounts / Assistant Controller of Finance and Accounts (Factories) and equivalent to any one of the following organisations:
- Principal Controller/Controller of Defence Accounts (Army Commands)
- Principal Controller/Controller of Defence Accounts (Air Force)
- Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Navy)
- Principal Controller/Controller of Defence Accounts (Pensions)
- Principal Controller Accounts (Ordnance Factories)
- Principal Controller/Controller of Defence Accounts (Research and Development)
- Principal Controllor/Controller of Defence Accounts (Border Roads)
- Integrated Financial Advisors (Army / Navy / Air Force / Border Road / Coast Guard / R & D)
- Any other Principal Controllor/Controller Officer