Directions: In this section you have a few short passage. After each passage, you will find some items based on the passage. First, read a passage and answer the items based on it. You are required to select your answers based on the contents of the passage and opinion of the author only.Read More
1. The Government of India has recently constituted a civilian award in the name of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in the field of contribution to
Directions: Each item in this section consists of a sentence with an underlined word/words followed by four words. Select the option that is nearest in meaning to the underlined word/words and mark your response on your Answer Sheet accordingly.Read More
1. Which one among the following was not an outcome of the fifth BRICS summit held in Durban in South Africa in March 2013?
1. "The Draft Constitution as framed only provides a machinery for the government of the country. It is not a contrivance to install any particular party in power as has been done in some countries. Who should be in power is left to be determined by the people, as it must be, if the system is to satisfy the test of democracy." The above passage from Constituent Assembly debates is attributed to
Directions: The following seven (7) items consist of two statements, statement I and statement II. You are to examine these two statements carefully and select the answers to these items using the code given below:
1. Why was Kaushik Basu, the ex-economic advisor to the Prime Minister of India, in news recently?
He was appointed as
1. A devastating cloud burst swept over on August 2010. Which one of the following statements with regard to Cloud Burst is not correct?