1. The Government of India has recently constituted a civilian award in the name of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in the field of contribution to
2. BRICS Summit, 2020 will be hosted by
3. Which one of the following was the host country for World Tourism Day, 2019?
4. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the code given below the Lists:
List-I (Market structure)
1) Only one competition producer selling one commodity
2) Few producers selling similar or almost similar products
3) Many producers Competition selling Differentiated products
4) Many producers selling similar products
5. Suppose an agricultural laborer earns ₹ 400 per day in her village. She gets a job to work as a babysitter in a nearby town @ ₹ 700 per day. She chose to work as an agricultural laborer. Which one of the following is the opportunity cost of the agricultural laborer?
6. According to the Census 2011, in India, what is the percentage of people (approximately) considered to be migrants (internal), i. e., now settled in a place different from their previous residence?
7. Which one of the following is the nodal agency in India for the United Nations Environment Programme?
8. Which one of the following is the latest addition to the AYUSH group of health care systems?
9. The formulation of policy with respect to Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) is the responsibility of
10. Which one of the following is the correct sequence of formation of the Commissions starting from the earliest?
11. The National Water Academy (NWA) is located at
12. Which one of the following rivers does not drain into the Black Sea?
13. The provisions of the Constitution of India pertaining to the institution of Panchayat do not apply to which one of the following States?
14. The 11th Schedule of the Constitution of India distributes powers between
15. The power to legislate on all matters relating to elections of Panchayats lies with
16. The Hunter Commission (1882) appointed to survey the state of education in India
17. The State of Hyderabad in the Deccan officially acceded to the Indian Union in the year
18. Who founded the ‘Seva Samiti’ at Allahabad in 1914?
19. The creation of a Federal Court in India was advocated by which of the following Acts/Commissions?
20. The maiden trilateral naval exercise involving India, Singapore and Thailand was held at
21. Rustom-2, which crashed in Karnataka recently, was a/an
22. The Vijaynagar Advanced Landing Ground of the Indian Air Force, which was reopened recently, is located in
23. Hilsa is the national fish of
24. Who among the following is the Chairman of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM)?
25. The power of the Supreme Court to decide in the case of a dispute between two or more States is called
26. Who among the following stated in the Constituent Assembly that on 26th January 1950, India was going to enter a life of contradictions?
27. The First Delimitation Commission in India was constituted in
28. The Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises consists of
29. What is the ground on which the Supreme Court can refuse relief under Article 32?
30. Which one of the following Articles were defended by Dr. B. R. Ambedkar on the plea that it would be used as ‘a matter of last resort’?
31. The major part of Central Asia is dominated by which one of the following language families?
32. Which one of the following is not among the principal languages of Jammu and Kashmir?
33. Which one of the following climatic types is found in Central Spain?
34. Which of the following statements with regard to Coal India Limited (CIL) is/are true?
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
35. The College of Military Engineering affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru University is situated at
36. Who among the following was the first to arrive in Africa as traders that eventually led to European colonization of Africa?
37. ‘Gandhi Solar Park’ is located at
38. The Global Goalkeeper Award is given by
39. Which one of the following is India’s official entry for the Best International Feature Film category in the 92nd Academy Awards?
40. ‘Naropa’ is an annual festival of
41. What was the code name given to the first ever tri-service military exercise between India and USA?
42. The ‘Tattvabodhini Sabha’ was established by
43. Who believed that the Russian designs were ‘an imminent peril to the security and tranquility’ of the Indian Empire in 1836?
44. The work Siyar-ul-Mutakherin, which describes the Battle of Plassey, 1757, was written by
45. From which one of the following factory sites were limestone and chert blades mass produced and sent to various Harappan settlements in Sindh?
46. Consider the following statements about Stone Age in India:
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
47. Which one of the following Articles of the Constitution of India protects a person against double jeopardy?
48. Which one of the following was added as a fundamental duty through the Constitution (86th Amendment) Act, 2002?
49. Which of the following are considered to be the four pillars of human development?
50. Which one of the following is not a feature of the Ayushman Bharat Scheme?
51. Overseas Indians can exercise franchise in an election to the Lok Sabha under which of the following conditions?
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
52. Which one of the following soils is characterized by very high content of organic matter?
53. In the Hadley cell thermal circulation, air rises up and finally descends at
54. In India, how many States/Union Territories have more than two international boundaries?
55. Which of the following are warm ocean currents?
56. Which one of the following groups of cities does not have Sclerophyll as its natural vegetation cover?
57. Geomorphic factors influencing plant and animal distributions are
58. Which one of the following statements about the famous text of Panchatantra is correct?
59. Which of the following rulers were identified through matronymics (names derived from that of the mother)?
60. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
61. Which of the following statements about ‘Mughal Mansab’ system are correct?
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
62. The famous Mughal painting, depicting Jahangir embracing the Safavid king Shah Abbas, was painted by which one of the following Mughal painters?
63. Amitabh Bachchan was recently conferred with the prestigious Dada Saheb Phalke Award. Who among the following was the first recipient of the award?
64. Recently the Reserve Bank of India has imposed limitations, initially for a period of six months, on the withdrawal of amount by account holders of which one of the following banks?
65. Greta Thunberg, a teenaged environment activist who was in the news recently, hails from
66. In September 2019, which one of the following travel giants declared itself bankrupt?
67. Who among the following won the Best Men’s Player Award of FIFA Football Awards, 2019?
68. In economics, if a diagram has a line passing through the origin and has 45° angle with either axis and it is asserted that along the line X = Y, what is tacitly assumed?
69. The Cash Reserve Ratio refers to
70. Which one of the following is not correct about Repo rate?
71. Which one of the following is the biggest cause of the incidence of migration of female persons in India?
72. The "Basel Convention" is aimed at protecting human health and environment against the adverse effect of which of the following?
73. Saubhagya, a Government of India Scheme, relates to which of the following areas?
74. Which of the following statements is not correct regarding the Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS)?
75. Which one of the following is the earliest launched scheme of the Government of India?
76. Which of the following statements with regard to the functioning of the Panchayats is not correct?
77. Which one of the following is not an objective of the MGNREGA?
78. Which one of the following is not a land-use category?
79. Which one of the following is not a type of commercial agriculture?
80. Which one of the following rivers joins Ganga directly?
81. The number of people per unit area of arable land is termed as
82. In the field of tourism, which one of the following Indian States is described as ‘One State Many Worlds’?
83. Nyishi tribe is found mainly in
84. In the region of the eastern shore of Adriatic Sea, a cold and dry wind blowing down from the mountain is known as
85. Who among the following Mongol leaders/commanders did not cross Indus to attack India?
86. Who among the following Sultans succeeded in finally breaking and destroying the power of Turkan-i-Chihalgani?
87. Who among the following was one of the founders of the Indian Society of Oriental Art?
88. Which one among the following was demanded by the All India Depressed classes Leaders’ Conference at Bombay in 1931?
89. Which one of the following Acts reserved seats for women in Legislatures in accordance with the allocation of seats for different communities?
90. On 31st December, 1929, in which one of the following Congress Sessions was the proclamation of Purna Swaraj made?
91. Who among the following scientists introduced the concept of immunization to the medical world?
92. Which one of the following cell organelles contains DNA?
93. Which of the following endocrine glands is not found in pair in humans?
94. Which one of the following is the correct sequence of organs that occur in the path of urine flow in the human body?
95. The electromagnetic waves, which are used for satellite communication, are
96. The resistivity p of a material may be expressed in units of
97. If x is the temperature of a system in Kelvin and y is the temperature of the system in °C, then the correct relation between them is
98. Silver articles become black after some time when exposed to air because
99. The number of water molecules associated with copper sulphate molecule to form crystals is
100. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the code given below the Lists:
101. Mahatma Gandhi's Dandi March, a great event in India freedom struggle, was associated with
102. Which one of the following is the first enzyme to mix with food in the digestive tract?
103. Which one of the following is the ‘energy currency’ for cellular processes?
104. When air is blown from the mouth into a test tube containing lime water, the lime water turns milky. This is due to the presence of
105. Which one of the following is the correct sequence of events during sexual reproduction in plants?
106. Which one of the following animals has a three-chambered heart?
107. Which one of the following is not an epidemic disease?
108. The unit of the force constant k of a spring is
109. Which one of the following types of radiation has the shortest wavelength?
110. If the speed of light in air is 3 x 108 m/s, then the speed of light in a medium of refractive index is
111. In a periscope, the two plane mirrors are kept
112. Which one of the following is not true about the image formed by a plane mirror?
113. Which one of the following is not a property of the X-rays?
114. The property of the sound waves that determines the pitch of the sound is its
115. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the code given below the Lists:
A) Boric acid
B) Citric acid
D) Acetic acid
2) Food preservative
3) Antacid Hydroxide
116. Which one of the following acids is produced in human stomach?
117. A solution having pH equal to zero is known as
118. Which one of the following chemical reactions is not feasible?
119. The elements of which of the following pairs are isobars?
120. Scattering of α-particles by a thin gold foil suggests the presence of