Instructions: Look at the underlined part of each sentence. Below each sentence, three possible situations for the underlined part are given. If any one of them is better than the underlined part, select that answer. If none of these substitutions improves the sentence, select (d) as your response.
1. More than one person was killed in the accident.
2. Not a word they spoke to the unfortunate wife about it.
3. The poor villagers have waited in the bitter cold for more than four hours now.
4. If he had time he will call you.
5. All, but her, had made an attempt.
6. I am used to hard work.
7. Twenty kilometers are not a great distance in these days of fast moving vehicles.
8. They were working as usually.
9. I have still to meet a person who is perfectly satisfied with his job.
10. If it will rain, the match will be abandoned.
Above questions were asked in CDS (II) English Paper