UPSC IFoS 2014 General Knowledge Questions
Maximum Marks is 300. Each question is of 12.5 marks.
All the questions have to be attempted.
- a. How did Buddhism influence Asoka in decision making and governance?
- b. Discuss the efforts and strategy of Akbar towards social harmony.
- c. Describe the salient features of Chola art.
- d. Assess the importance of Champaran Satyagraha.
- a. Discuss the objectives of Prime Minister's Jan-Dhan Yojana. What challenges do you foresee in its implementation?
- b. What are the reasons for persistent high rate of food inflation in India?
- c. Explain demographic dividend and its relevance to India.
- d. Discuss the recommendations of Rangarajan panel on the estimates of poverty in India.
- a. What do you understand by Environmental Impact Assessment and Social Impact Assessment?
- b. Discuss the causes of the recent devastating floods in Jammu and Kashmir. How do they compare with those of Uttarakhand disaster last year?
- c. What do you understand by soil erosion? Discuss its causes.
- d. What are wet-lands? Discuss their importance.
- a. How is the federal structure of Indian Constitution ensured?
- b. What do you understand by "minimum government and maximum governance"?
- c. Explain the Right of Constitutional Remedies given in the Indian Constitution.
- d. How is a money bill different than a financial bill?
5. International Relations
- a. Discuss the role of UNHRC in Indian perspective.
- b. Comment on Israel-Palestinian conflict.
- c. What are the objectives of European union?
- d. Write a note on Indo-Japanese collaboration.
6. Science & Technology
- a. Comment on "Digital India Programme".
- b. What do you understand by Nano technology? How is it critical in context with Indian food industry?
- c. How is Indian mission of Mars different than that of other countries in recent past?
- d. How is Cryogenics different from Cryonics?